15/05/14

Yasper on Linux (Crunchbang/Debian)

Update: with the current versions on Wine/Mono, Yasper is still unstable on Linux. I preferred to install a virtual machine with VirtualBox.
 
Yasper (Yet Another Smart Process Editor) is a tool for modeling and simulating stepwise developed at TU-delft. It was designed to make it easy to model and simulate typical workflow processes.
Yasper uses extended Petri nets as its modeling technique. It has a good visualization engine and export Petri Nets to SVG files!
Unfortunately, it runs on Windows, but I managed to have it on my Linux as well.
  • I modified /ect/apt/sources.list from stable (wheezy) to testing    
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
  • I installed via synaptic the package wine (version 1.6.2)
  • I added the wine installation to run 32 bit applications: 
dpkg --add-architecture i386
apt-get update
apt-get install wine32
  • I modified again /ect/apt/sources.list from to return to wheezy 
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free
  • I downloaded Yasper and installed it with the command
wine msiexec /i ./Yasper-for-dot-net-2-0.msi
 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento